|The 48th Thessaloniki International Film Festival, with the support of the Ministry of Macedonia/Thrace and the collaboration of local agencies, will spread out this year from its base of operations in Thessaloniki to Macedonia and Thrace, and head south, to Irakleion and Rethymnon. This year the Regional Screenings will visit ten cities, as opposed to nine last year, bringing to the cinephile audience all over Greece the most interesting and innovative features from the 48th Thessaloniki International Film Festival . |
Alexandroupolis, Kavala, Serres, Kilkis, Grevena, Kozani, Florina, Kastoria, Irakleion and Rethymnon are the cities that will host a selection of films from the 48th Thessaloniki International Film Festival’s programme this year, from November 23 to December 2. In detail, the dates and venues of the Regional Screenings per city are as follows:
· Alexandroupolis, Municipal Theater, November 23-27
· Kavala, Apollon Cinemas, November 26-28
· Serres, TEI Central Amphitheater, November 26-28
· Kilkis, Astron Cinema, November 25-27
· Grevena, Cine Manakia, November 23-25
· Kozani, Olympion Cinema, November 28-29
· Florina, Cultural Center, November 28-30 and December 1
· Kastoria, Chamber of Commerce, December 1-2
· Irakleion, Technopolis, November 25-28
· Rethymnon, Conservatory, November 26-28
The organization of the Regional Screenings is part of the Festival’s desire to bring recent Greek and foreign film production to those interested living outside Thessaloniki. Moreover, based on our constant objective to add more cities to the list, so that more cinephiles will have the chance to get a taste of the Festival, this year’s Screenings are also traveling to Crete.
A detailed screening programme for each city will be announced soon.